I always end the year by writing about my accomplishments, failure, regrets, and resolutions.
Today’s post is about accomplishments. I have a few.
- I spent another year being Laurie Fucking Ruettimann. It is harder than it looks.
- I quit my job on a high note before becoming ineffective or bitter.
- I continued to travel, write and speak.
But who cares about all of that nonsense? I did some other amazing things, too.
- I wrote almost every day.
- I set boundaries.
- I forgave.
- I loved people who didn’t deserve it.
- I told people who deserved it to go to hell.
- I tried to be more inclusive.
And I became the runner I was in my head thanks to many awesome friends who simply said, “You can do it.”
I can. I did. Thank you.