I was mulling over a post about addiction and corporate/third-party recruiters. Instead of throwing my opinions on you, I wonder what you think.
- Do recruiters have a high rate of addiction and substance abuse?
- Is there something inherent to recruiting that might attract people who are prone to misuse drugs & alcohol?
- Have you ever stopped working with a recruiter who is addicted to drugs or alcohol?
I won’t be shy.
- I’ve seen my fair share of recruiters who abuse alcohol & drugs — more so than benefits specialists and payroll clerks.
- I have stopped working and socializing with recruiters & vendors who have serious problems.
- I think that so many recruiters wear their hearts and their egos on their sleeves, and I don’t know if it’s the profession that drives people to drink (so to speak) or if drinkers are drawn to the profession.
What do you think?