My Gen X attitude towards money and investment? Mega Millions, baby.
What? Don’t judge me! I’m a savvy business professional, and obviously it worked for this couple.
A Schwab survey found that members of Generation X generally have one of six distinct attitudes toward money and investment:
- Paycheck to Paycheck, 25 percent
- Spend Now, Pay Later, 17 percent
- Confident and Risk-Tolerant, 15 percent
- No Money, No Worries, 15 percent
- Cautious Savers, 14 percent
- Overwhelmed but Optimistic, 13 percent
I’m probably in the spend now & pay later category.