I’ve been thinking about the controversy related to Barack Hussein Obama and the etiquette of how we address one another in America — especially at work. In that vein, I have some advice.
- Don’t refer to your co-workers by their last names (surnames).
- Don’t make up a stupid nickname for a coworker.
- Don’t refer to a female co-worker by emphasizing her long, hyphenated surname.
- Don’t use a bad, fake accent when you say your co-worker’s last name.
- Don’t make hand gestures when you say your co-worker’s name.
- Don’t purposely mispronounce a co-worker’s name.
- On St. Patrick’s Day, don’t add O’ before your co-workers’ surnames.
What am I missing?