It’s super-cold and feels like the holiday season — except that I’m sober and I don’t have year-end performance review anxiety. Thank you unemployment!
Since it’s Sunday, I’ll do a poorly named meme that I’ve stolen from one of my favorite baby boomers. (That’s saying something because I can count the number of baby boomers I like on one hand.)
Now remember, I’m an atheist and I do not believe that Baby Jesus was born on Christmas Day. Nevertheless, I do like presents (!!) so I fully support a secular holiday season.
Rules for the game:
- Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
- Share Christmas facts about yourself.
- Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
- Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
1. Wrapping or gift bags? Both. I like to mix things up.
2. Real or artificial tree? Real — I don’t like nature and it feels good to kill a tree with a chainsaw.
3. When do you put up the tree? Never before Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? Before my birthday.
5. Do you like eggnog? I’ve never had eggnong. Looks gross.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Barbie Corvette
7. Do you have a nativity scene? No way, dudes. Although it might be cool to have a Simpsons or South Park nativity scene.
8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A.Lo has given me many ugly cat statues. Too many. I secretly love them.
9. Mail or email Christmas cards? I mail “peace” cards to irritate my conservative family members.
10. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story. Duh.
11. When do you start shopping for Christmas? When do I stop shopping?
12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Snickerdoodles
13. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colors.
14. Favorite Christmas song? Santa Claus is a Black Man
Have at it!!