I’m using my unemployment to catch up on movies that I’ve never seen before. We watched Breakfast at Tiffany’s, tonight, and I was struck by the following —
- Mickey Rooney plays a Japanese guy. What? The?! Huh?
- I’m still asking myself, Did someone really think that casting Mickey Rooney as a stereotypical Japanese guy was a good idea? Really?
- George Peppard was a good looking guy.
- How much can one person smoke in a movie? (Answer: Lots.)
- Tiffany’s still looks the same.
- Audrey Hepburn wants to marry a Brazillian for money? Why doesn’t she get a real job?
I cried when Holly Golightly let the cat out of the cab, and I cried harder when she went back for it. I’m a softy like that.