I have always believed that you can do better and achieve more. That’s why I write this blog. You are destined for more than this. There is someone out there for you. The best is yet to come. Of course I want you to follow your dreams and never give up on yourself.
But I also know that life is random and unfair. The world plays out in strange and cruel ways, too.
Sometimes I want you to stop looking for more than this. I want you to learn how to be happy with what’s been given to you. Even if it’s horrible. And I want you to be the kind of person who finds motivation from within instead of from a shitty blog or a shitty motivational speaker.
There are good quotes out there.
- The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear. — Socrates
- Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake. — Henry David Thoreau
- Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools. — Albert Einstein
- Find a place inside where there’s joy, and the joy will burn out the pain. — Joseph Campbell
- Be faithful to that which exists within yourself. — Andre Gide
- A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. — Ayn Rand
- If you can dream it, you can do it. — Walt Disney
- Well done is better than well said. — Benjamin Franklin
Those quotes are fine, but I really want you to be better than this.
Don’t be the guy who looks for inspiration from a blogger or a speaker. Be the guy who does something to distract himself from the pain of life and winds up doing something cool by accident.