Last week’s post on Seth Godin had me thinking about how we read blogs, websites, and newspapers. We really like lists. Everything we need to know is researched by smart people and presented into simple slices of content.
“Don’t bother me with nuance. Just give me the main points.”
I wonder if we’ll use lists to teach our children in the 21st century.
- The Top 10 Reasons Why Martin Luther King Jr. Was A Pretty Good Guy
- Six Economic Theories And What You Need To Know To Make Money
- Four Ways Your Body Fights Off Infections
- The Five Great Lakes: Because Six is One Too Many
- Five Ways To Fight Nazis (and win!)
I once had an editor confess that lists are the most tweeted and retweeted articles on her site…
…so this week I’ll write in nothing but lists.
We’ll see how this goes.