Marriage + Unemployment
The husband and I are sitting in the living room with dueling laptops — playing Scrabulous on Facebook. Yes, our marriage is THAT awesome.
We’re also watching television.
- Laurie: Did you hear that Murtha endorsed Clinton?
- Husband: Murtha? Really?
- Laurie: Yeah, does that surprise you?
- Husband: What’s she doing in politics?
- Laurie: Huh?
- Husband: Didn’t she just buy Emeril?
- Laurie: Not Martha, dumbass. Murtha. Jack Murtha.
- Husband: Oh, that makes much more sense.
We’re totally deaf, I guess.
Did I just get a glimpse of our future as old people?!