Lance Haun and I run a little social network for HR professionals who like to waste time on the internet. There’s a fun promotion going on, over there, and you can win an iPod Touch. Here are the details courtesy of Lance.
For the next two weeks, we are taking your entries for a drawing for a 16gb iPod touch. If you don’t know about the iPod touch, it is a super cool media player. It has a music and video player, web browser, wifi, touch screen, games…the thing is loaded!
What do we want? Simple: we want your hiring horror stories. The creepy guy with the lazy eye who stole all of the purple paperclips. The lady who seemed like a diamond in the rough when you hired her but turned out just plain rough. The guy who asked for the week off so he could serve his jail time. The lady that probably should have been committed.
If you’ve been in HR (or just hiring people) for a while, you have these sort of stories. We want to hear them. Here are the details:
- Submit your entry by commenting on this post with your story by 11:59PM PST on March 20th
- Your story can be short or long, it doesn’t matter
- Your story can be a link to your blog about the story (or you can copy and paste).
- You have to be a member of HRM Today to participate (you can sign up here if you aren’t a member)
- On March 22nd, the winner will be picked randomly out of a hat by Laurie (or one of her cats) by video and posted on HRM Today.
- Please protect the innocent and guilty and don’t include names, company, etc…
Crimcheck.com has been an early sponsor of HRM Today as well as other HR bloggers. They provide nationwide background checks in addition to all of your pre-employment screening needs. We’ve been extremely appreciative of their sponsorship that helped us get our community launched. If you are interested in learning more about them, you can check out their website or you can talk to Todd Moss or Pat Murphy right here on HRM Today. Thank you for sponsoring the iPod touch!
If you’re like me, you hired a secretary at the request of a VP — and the secretary subsequently failed a random drug test. She was fired, but not before we found out that she & the VP were sleeping together.
He kept his job.
Christ, I love HR.