I am listening to Mr. Sidney Poitier and, although I have a press badge, I will never get close enough to ask him the questions that are on my mind.
- How many conferences do you address on an annual basis?
- Do you enjoy this aspect of your career? Or is this just part of the job of being an older and somewhat retired celebrity?
- Who writes your speeches?
- When Sidney Poitier has IT trouble, who does he call?
- Who does your books? How tough is it to manage a celebrity’s finances?
- What’s Sidney Poitier’s worst job EVAH?
- Is that a purple or a pink shirt that you’re wearing, Mr. Poitier? (It’s nice. Looks trendy, actually.)
- Have you ever had a need for HR support, Mr. Poitier? When Sidney Poitier needs to hire someone, who helps you?
- How did you learn how to speak in such a wonderful, rhythmic cadence, Mr. Poitier? You could read the classifieds and it would sound like poetry.
- Give me an example of a time you successfully completed a project, Mr. Poitier. What was it? What was your role? Was the project on-time? Did you meet your budget?
Sidney Poitier just commented on the overall beauty of the women of SHRM. It’s funny, but I wonder if the tool & dye machinists convention or the flight attendant convention that he’ll address at some point will be just as pretty?