It’s not a great Sunday.
- The unemployment rate hit 9.8%, last month, which is the highest it’s been in twenty-six years. (BLS)
- The number of homes lost to foreclosures rose about 17 percent in the second quarter of 2009. (Washington Post)
- Personal bankruptcies hit a four-year high. (CNN)
- The health care mess is still a mess. (NY Times)
You have some good news out there, right?
- Did you hire anyone, this week? Did you find a job?
- Did you finally pay off a credit card?
- Did you treat yourself to a mental health day?
Give us some good news in the comments and you’ll be entered to win a copy of Crisis of Character: Building Corporate Reputation in the Age of Skepticism and a $5 gift card from Starbucks courtesy of the Lawson booth (I think) at the HR Technology Conference.
Tell us something positive. Give a shout-out to something or someone great in your life. We need your good news.