You have less than thirty-six hours to make an impact on your 2007 taxes.
- No, you cannot deduct your dry cleaning expenses from that trip to Orlando where I spilled coffee on your suit. (You know who you are & I’m really sorry about that.)
- Yes, you can donate to a federally registered 501(c)3 charity and claim the deduction.
Here are some charities that I supported in 2007. If you donate to one of these charities and send me your proof by 5PM EST on December 31st, I’ll publish your blog, recognize the charity that received your generous donation, and I will send that charity an additional $20.
- Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America
- Humane Society of the United States
- National Eating Disorder Association (NEDA)
- Planned Parenthood
- Donors Choose
- Frank Lloyd Wright Preservation Trust
- Oxfam America
- Hospice Foundation of America
- Chicago Abused Women Coalition
- Kalamazoo Animal Rescue
Get donating, yo!