Things I hated about Mondays mornings (when I had a job) —
- Monday morning team meetings. Can’t we meet on Tuesday when I have something to report? Right now, I’m fully able to talk to the team about the pile of laundry I washed but didn’t fold on Sunday afternoon.
- Monday morning teleconferences. Dudes, I’m not listening. I’m checking my email because someone felt compelled to make me look bad and work over the weekend. Thanks for sending me 25 email messages.
- Monday morning strategy sessions. You can’t be strategic until Thursday.
- Monday morning debrief discussions. Again, I can’t debrief on you much besides the weather. Can we move this to Wednesday?
- Monday morning client meetings. I know you don’t want me here. I don’t want to be here. Who the hell scheduled this?