U.S. workers can’t compete globally unless they work harder, writes Fortune’s Geoff Colvin.
I say that U.S. workers can’t compete unless they:
- Learn math.
- Learn some science, too.
- Read more.
- Stop fighting dogs.
- Stop worrying about the gays and the Clintons.
- Focus less on illegal immigrants and focus more on worker protection.
- Have fewer, more educated children.
- Shop less often at Wal-Mart.
- Stop ingesting hormone & pesticide-laden foods.
- Take fewer pharmaceutical drugs.
- Take deeper breaths.
- Watch less primetime television.
- Watch more political news coverage and demand better media accountability.
I’m not sure if American workers are lazy, distracted or just stupid.
Fortune’s Geoff Colvin: Our couch-potato nation – Aug. 23, 2007