Things I’ve heard from companies and Corporate Recruiters.
- We hire for cultural fit.
- We hire for motivation.
- We hire based on education.
- We hire using panel interviews.
- We hire from our internship programs.
- We hire using behavioral-based interviewing.
- We hire candidates from our rotational program.
- We hire according to our strategic workforce plan.
Why do some people get hired and not others? Who the hell knows. There is no magic answer because the whole damn process is so subjective.
Show up for your interview on time, make eye contact, and give a good handshake. Provide concise & interesting answers. Do the best you can, and then let it go.